View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks to both of you for posting. My daughter has had two video eegs, and during these eegs, she has had the "little" kind and pressed the button to record it on the eeg, and both times, the eeg has "squiggled" but it was not, according to the report, a"clinical seizure. She has never had the "bad" kind while having an eeg. She is in the process of having her medicine changed, and right now is on Keppra and Lamictal. Plans are to withdraw Lamictal, but today she told me she has had the "little" kind but she doesn't care if that one goes away, just as long as the "bad" ones don't return. I want to balance the amount of medicine she has to take with the benefits. She says that the little ones do not grow into big ones; she can tell from the get-go whether it will be a little one or a big one. I am wondering if most people with seizures tolerate small episodes and only medicate enough to keep major seizures from happening. I know the answer to this would vary with the seizure type, but since I can't even see this "little" type it makes me nervous to keep adding medicine to eradicate it, especially since it doesn't bother her.
wbwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote