View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I found that after taking to many AED's it would cause me to have more seizures, so I had a DNA blood test done to find out what AED would help me the most with the least side effect and this is what you might want to do with your daughter. Absence seizures are easy to handle but if a person has them for a few yrs. and the seizures are frequent it can lead to complex partial or tonic clonic seizures (grand mal). I found that taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day did a great job reducing my seizures. You also might want to look into getting your daughter on the ketogenic diet. This diet is for people with epilepsy. The diet is high in fat but low in carbs and starch foods. The diet helps build up keytones in a persons body and the keytones stop the seizures. All your daughter would have to do is see a dietician to get started on the diet. It has helped me out a lot. You can also buy the book titled "The Epilepsy Diet Treatment" By Dr. John Freeman at Hopkins University. This diet has been out since 1927 and I had a cousin on the diet during WWII who flew airplanes and he didn't have a single seizure while on the diet. Drs. today like to push the AED's on people to much I feel just to make some extra money for themselves. I've come to the point where I just tell them no more trying different AED's. Here's wishing you and your daughter only the best and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (12-30-2009)