Thread: Deserved
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear hardtimes,

I believe there is a reason why I'm going through this and that God allowed this experience in my life to draw me closer to Him. I know that He wants me to draw on His infinite strength instead of my own. In His strength, all things are possible. Where I am weak, He is strong.

Also, God makes all things work together for good (even bad circumstances) because He loves us.

For me, I believe the question to ask should not be "Do I deserve this suffering?" Instead, I need to ask "What is God trying to teach me through this?" or "How can my circumstances be used for good?" In watching the CNN Heroes program last weekend, I was inspired by a young man who lost his legs in a boating accident and while he was still recovering in the hospital, he began a program to provide prosthetic limbs to children in need. He turned his hardship into an opportunity to help others. I'm trying to keep him in mind whenever I feel angry or sad about my condition.

I'm really sorry you're going through this and pray you find comfort, hope, and healing soon.

Don
pcshealer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote