View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Marlene has a point. Blood will only tell you what is circulating. And if they do find something in blood, in general, no ranges or limits have been established on these compounds.

Most of them are ubiquitous. Polar bear cubs are full of PFOAs. Male fish are estrogenized, and it isn't pretty.

Most of these compounds are very hard to get rid of. As Marlene said, most are stored in fat, which makes them stick around a very, very long time. We are stuck with this garbage in our systems. I think all we can do is try to minimize our exposure to the substances we can control, such as in our food, in our cookware, perhaps in some of our clothes. Problem is that is very expensive and laborious to do.

Unless you grow your own food, which is horribly labor intensive (believe me, I know), it is hard to know what you are getting. 'Oregon Tilth' certification is the best certification out there as far as I know, and I don't know how well they enforce it. It is the premiere certification in 'green circles'.

Joining a CSA, or community supported agriculture will likely get you pretty natural food. Buying from farmers that use organic or natural food is good. I sell my fruits and veggies. I have yet to make a real profit....maybe next summer. I cringe at the prices at 'organic' stores. Thing is, organic is very expensive to grow. Horribly labor intensive. If you go straight to the grower, you eliminate the middle man and it is cheaper.

I would not do chelation or any other expensive treatment when their is no evidence it helps.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote