View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 07:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not sure what's causing my symptoms :( (long, detailed.)

Hello. This is my first post.

My name is Jessica. I'm 19 years old. I've been experiencing a number of symptoms for a few years now and I'm not sure why. I've seen doctor's and gotten tests and been on and off medication. I've yet to have gotten any conclusive diagnosis or any results from the medication.

-I was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation Type 1 when I was 8. It was mostly asymptomatic, but it progressed to the point needed a decompression. It was done December of 2004.

-I've had problems breathing. I have asthma and a history of pneumonia and bronchitis.

-Starting in 2005 and on and off since then, I've had severe episodes of constipation. I can't go for up to 5-7 days at a time. I loose my appetite. I get bloated, nauseas, fatigued. I even vomit. I've had a colonoscopy in 2007, it was fine. In October 2009, I had an EGD, it showed undigested food in my stomach that was about 20 hours old. Otherwise, it was fine, no sign of disease or inflammation. I had a barium swallow with small bowel follow through done about 3 weeks ago that I haven't heard back from yet.t I had trouble keeping it down, it made me vomit. It took 14 hours to digest.

-I get random rashes on my face and chest. It looks very flushed and red, for no reason

-I have stiff muscles, especially in my neck. It is very, very, stiff about 90% of the time.

-I have severe headaches, mostly in the back and sides of my head. Sometimes they're on the top of my head. They are throbbing. I can feel the blood flowing through my head. They are very intense and constant. They've been going on for weeks now. They get worse when I have a bowel movement and when I change position when I'm lying down.

-I have facial spams. My lips hurt and twitch. My eyelids spasm.

-I been dizzy, and been having trouble walking, and mild trouble with coodination. I feel off balance.

-My speech is off.

-I had a violent episode off "shaking." I was tremoring all over for about 2-3 weeks. I still occasionally have spasms.

I'm lost weight and I'm very thin. (5'2 and 90 lbs. was 99 lbs a year ago.)

-My MRI, CT scan, and blood tests have all been clear. (Blood tests have been for lupus, thyroid, blood panel, etc. I don't remember all, just know for sure it's not lupus or a thyroid problem.)

I'm currently seeing a gastrointrologist and a neurologist. They are both very concerned, and I have appointments with both in January. My neurologist says that most off my symptoms seems to be related to my cerebellum but since my MRI was fine then it may be something systematic.

I'm currently taking Topamax, Flexeril, Miralax, Zyrtec, and Omeprazole, and I was on Ketorolac for pain but recently ran out.

I'm not sure how much sense any of this made but any help would be appreciated.
Jessica123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote