View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 12:06 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

wonder if I can thank the wifey for posting 'bout the visit??

The alpho's are having a grand time, they are staying 3 blocks away from us but we do not spend every moment with them...LOL....we'll see them next Sat night where we'll be going to the nice seafood place by the ummm...water...LOL

And thank you doody for the wonderful kind words...but we do NOT sell seashells by the seashore...

I wonder about the new "thank you" button also...not that I don't like the idea of thanking someone...I think it is great! I think a lot of folks should be thanked and they are NOT Thanked enough...but based on my own forum experience the past 8 years...I can honestly say this...I've seen many times in almost all forums where people were called cliques because they didn't answer someone's post or wasn't able to answer someone's post...then other posters get offended and feel neglected...

then, the "Clique" accusations start to fly out and then wham bam boom...forums are out of control...

I personally think the "thank you" button is wonderful for those that can't type too much and want to say a simple thanks...but I think that let's say someone gets a totally thankless post, or someone think they should've been thanked and wasn't and then it could totally get outta control again...

I really think the number viewed on each topic should be avoided also, simply cause it could become competition to those that feel very insecure...

I remember "da rock" and I were mocking them all over the place and competing to become the senior members...ROFL....

anyways...if everyone were understanding and don't get jealous or can understand that it isn't about "cliques" I would very much welcome the thank you buttons and numbers viewed...but due to too many years of seeing people gripe, then fight, then eventually destroying a forum...way too many times...my wonder if that if we shouldn't have them?? That is of course, my wondering opinion....

I DO wonder if we should have an "I am sorry" button cause I sure could use it...ROFL...

((((everyone and the broom))))

speaking of the broom...can I wonder and mention that Alpho gave me a gift bag Sunday night...

it contained a small broom, small dust pan, a rolled up newspaper(for flyswatter, ROFL...she claimes it is hard to buy fly swatter up north this time of the year...LOLOLOL), a string(for making the cradle? LMAO...) and of course, a silver spoon...

and all I gave her was a jar of Duke's mayo and some bread...ROFL............

hope all is well with you all, stay warm!
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote