15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Broken Wings) View Post
Thanks for all the photos.

It just looks so good.

Hubby still don't want to try them.

keep encouraging us. They may sprout their way to our tables by your pictures.
About your husband not wanting to try these, I have a way for you to get him to do this. Take your bean sprouts, and just break them up in a bit over a bowl. Add some diced onions, some eggs (or substitute), and some bread crums (or whatever you use as a binder).

Mix it all up and it will form easily into any shape you wish in your hand.

What I do is far easier. I don't care what shape they make. I just heat up some oil, I grab a handful and squish flat in my hand, and throw them in the hot oil. They will brown and crisp very quickly. Turn over and wait until the other side is brown and crispy. Takes a few minutes. What you want to see is crispy, not soggy.

Then put on paper towel to drain. You have to do this right before you are serving. As a matter of fact, right before you drop this in the frying pan, make a yogurt dressing (or any dressing you like), me? I like plain yogurt to which I add some chipotle dressing, or some fresh garlic. (But any dressing you choose as a dip )is just fine.

Now here is what I do.

I put my yogurt dressing in a little bowl on the table. When Alan and I are all ready for the bean sprout patties, THAT'S WHEN I DROP THEM IN THE OIL.

I make them nice and crispy and thenI drain them, Then I put them on a dish and put the dish on the table. Alan then takes his patties, adds the yogurt dressing and believe me, CAN YOU SAY CRISP AND CRUNCHY???

Your husband WON'T KNOW HE'S EATING BEAN SPROUTS.

Just say "It's Melody's recipe for patties".

lol

Melody

P.S. You can add any grated veggie to this dish. For example, grate some zucchini and toss in the mixture (before cooking). If you want COLORS, then grate some carrots in a frying pan, stir fry until cooked, THEN ADD THE CARROTS TO THE MIXTURE.

I've made every kind of crispy pattie you can think of. Alan eats them all up.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (12-31-2009), mrsD (12-31-2009)