Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Mel,
There is no published study or hard evidence
that relates neuropathy to smoking - none whatsoever !
Probably because no study has ever been done, relating smoking & PN.
All the docs say stop, but that is general in preventative measures or because of existent problems.
I am scheduled for a CT of my chest in Jan, because an x-ray of my chest earlier this month showed evidence of my 45+ yrs of smoking. I know I'm gonna haveta stop in the near future, because my doc said emphysema was showing on the x-ray.
I thought it was bronchitis, but now I know its all (COPD ??) related.
Bob:

When you are ready to quit, YOU'LL QUIT.

All I know is that when I go for a walk around the corner, and I walk up 18th avenue, all I see is people smoking, and when they walk past me, I have to inhale all their smoke. I cross the street, only to find the same situation. To me, (and I don't understand this at all), MORE people OF ALL AGES, seem to be smoking. And I have to breathe in what they are breathing out.

Makes one want to go out and by a face mask.

And a person came up to me and said "Merry Christmas and I almost died for the smell of smoke". But I gather that because I'm a non smoker, I will smell smoke on someone and they don't smell it on themselves because they are a smoker????

And while there is no direct link to smoking and PN, there is carbon monoxide in smoke, (as well as tar and other lovely stuff), so why someone WOULD TAKE UP THIS HABIT is beyond my comprehension.

I mean, I can fully understand YEARS ago, when it didn't give the warnings on a pack of cigs. But they do NOW, and they have all these commercials showing the people's lungs and harmful effects.

I have asked many women why they continue to smoke and the answer IS ALWAYS THE SAME.

I don't want to be fat.

You gotta love that response.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote