View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Crazy sigh... yup

me to a T.

Mari, I'm so sorry you lived in that so long and even with the terms, i have incredible difficulty explaining... then again maybe because i don't know all the terms in italian .
Bizi, are you dysphoric now?

I also have doubts as to some of what is termed "rapid-cycling" history actually being variances within a mixed state. (I have had "clean" rapid cycling and that's different.) I would bet this type of episode is more "tenacious" than others. In fact it is exceptionally hard to medicate. Lithium often does not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
Mixed state
Main article: Mixed state (psychiatry)
In the context of bipolar disorder, a mixed state is a condition during which symptoms of mania (or hypomania) and clinical depression occur simultaneously (for example, agitation, anxiety, fatigue, guilt, impulsiveness, insomnia, disturbances appetite, irritability, morbid and/or suicidal ideation, panic, paranoia, psychosis, pressured speech, indecisiveness and rage). [5]

In at least 1/3 of persons with bipolar disorders, the entire attack--or a succession of attacks--occurs as a mixed episode.

Mixed states can be the most dangerous period of mood disorders, during which panic attacks, substance abuse, and suicide attempts increase greatly.
ok, so where's the mixed state icon? howabout a blender?

Last edited by waves; 01-18-2007 at 12:35 AM.