View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabb View Post
as far as celiac testing, it has a fairly high false negative rate, and wont show gluten sensitivity....the "food left in stomache" may speak to a lack of stomache acid, rather than too much, which the omeprazole would not be helping- also contributing to a Vit B12 def. i wonder if you might try a DAN! doctor.....and going gluten free for a couple of months will not hurt you. good luck
I didn't know that celiac testing had a high false negative. That's interesting. I've actually been wondering the same thing about the lack of stomach acid. The omeprazole "kind of" helps because I get heartburn, but not as much as I would like it to.

I recently changed primary care doctors, I went from seeing a pediatrician, to seeing the same family practice doctor my mom goes to. My mother was getting fed up with my pediatrician, I kept coming in with a bad stomach ache and none of her advice was helping. I went in for a check up with my new doctor. She did a thorough examination and requested copies of my files. She wanted to check if I've ever been tested for anemia. I know that B12 def. can cause anemia problems, so I think you might be on to something. Thanks.

What's a DAN doctor?
Jessica123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote