View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Your symptoms are classic carpal tunnel. I'd get a new doctor.

Fibro is a condition of pain perception in the brain. It is like minor pain is amplified to higher levels. I have never heard of numbness.

I had carpal tunnel really severely when I was pregnant. It resolved 80% after delivery of my son. But my EMG showed 80% loss of function. Another thing that causes carpal tunnel is hypothyroidism.

I think it is not fair or accurate to blame everything on one diagnosis. People can have multiple problems.

Have you tried putting ice on your wrist? If there is swelling there it will go down, and your fingers may feel better the next day.

I'd also check you B12 levels in the blood. And if below 400-500 I'd take a supplement. Also get the Vit D tested. This is new information and many people with neuro problems are showing up on these boards with very low levels of Vit D.

I'd suggest you visit our Vitamin forum and click on the saved links in the stickies at the top of the page. Alot of useful information there.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote