Thread: Pain in ears
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 06:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy I gotz it too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshue View Post
The good news for me is that I don't feel the knife stuck in the base of my spine at the moment. The bad news is that it has been replaced as my dominant pain for now by that same knife jabbed into my left ear. An ear lobotomy if you will.

Christmas Day I'm getting ready for a big spread for dinner at a nice hotel we were staying at, when a, literally, ear piercing fire alarm went off. It was a bolt inside my head, and I instantly plugged my ears, but, as vanity took over, I had to arrange the suit one last time before leaving the room, taking my fingers out of my ear.

Big mistake.

My ears 'went' as I'm giving to saying for each spread, and the pain, with a continual high pitched ringing, lasted until I sat to eat. My right ear subsided, but my left ear stayed.

I guess I'm looking for any one with similar ear issues. Any advice, suggestions, for dealing with this new addition.
Dshue..

My RSD was officially diagnosi 2+ yrs. ago ..following rt. leg .. but prior to that I had been having an issue with my left ear and master painful headaches esp. when waking up in the morning with them.. The ear is best described as underwater... painful loss of hearing was detected but the Dr. at the time finally attributed it to the shingles which I had on my neck just previous. But now I look back and have to wonder if RSD had already had a running start on me.. maybe I will never know either... My ear has never been the same..painful ache all of the time... Does this help you??
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (01-01-2010)