Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, Tyson, then how do your docs explain the lovely reaction during plasmapheresis? Just the Accutane making your blood thick?! Have they even done a Pro-Time test on you (shows the thickness/clotting ability of your blood)?

Well, I am still sticking to my belief that ALL people with MG need a pulmonologist. A neurologist is not a pulmonologist and vice versa. You can't tell by looking how your breathing is doing! If you can get a baseline reading then when they recheck, they can know if you are worse or not. Trends in tests are as important as absolute numbers!

You are still having signs of MG on the edge. I would take it easy if you can. Oh, heck, even if you can't.

I think you are doing incredibly well for having this thrown at you at your young age. Pat yourself on the back for being so grown up about it all. Oh, geez, don't mean to sound parental again - just that some of us who are lots older even have a devil of a time dealing with it.

Prednisone is weird. And it could be that you are having too much or too little. Does the Mestinon make you better or worse? Does rest make you better or worse? You kind of have to pay attention to those changes so you can tell your neuro if you think you are better or worse. It's a hard disease to get used to.

Hang in there. Watch some TV - lots of games on this weekend!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PMCPMC (01-02-2010)