View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 02:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RSD/CRPS in ankle

I am a 15 year old RSD patient, due to a severe ankle injury about two years ago, but I was only recently diagnosed. I fell down a stair, was forced to "walk it off" for a week away from home, then after 6 months of ankle braces, crutches, canes, maximum dosages of Ibuprofen, elevation, compression, rest, doctors visits, x-rays, MRI's, Physical therapy, etc. etc, i had to have surgery to repair the ligaments in my ankle, and was stuck in a wheelchair for 6 weeks. I was then put through all of the above again, but even as my ankle stabilized, I am still in constant, excruciating pain.
The only remedy that the doctor gave me is heavy medication, but with little or no avail. Some of the things that make the pain easier to live with are:

Socks: Dr. Scholls socks work great for the winter time because i can't let my foot get too cold, seeing as it already does not regulate temperature as the rest of my body does, they are sort but are supposed to provide circulation.
Sheets: I sleep with two safety-pinned together and a heavier blanket, and don't let the blanket over my feet because it hurts, but the sheets keep them warm enough.
On days where my pain is above a 7.5, or below the 4.5 on the famous 1-10 scale, i write down what i did that day, just to control the pain enough to sleep.
I constantly wear a brace, but with swelling it is painful.

I was wondering if anyone ever tried Tonic Water with Quinine for their RSD and if it worked or not, and any other remedies for this. I'm only 15 and being in high school with this makes it that much worse.
sh00dotz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (12-27-2015)