View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ah, that's why! You're in CANADA! Was wondering why those med's sounded so unfamiliar to me. Thought I'd tried everything yet none of those sounded familiar.

Tramacet is probably the US equivalent of Ultram. I did try that...and I believe that is the drug that absolutely WHACKED ME OUT! However, don't be afraid. My pain doc said he never had any of his patients be affected by that medication the way I was...but he understood meds affect people differently. I could NOT take the ultram. I couldn't concentrate on anything, I couldn't put a sentence together - heck, I couldn't put two WORDS together. I was a total mess. And...I've "heard" this is more addictive than a lot of opiods. However...I didn't take it long. Just for a few days. I couldn't! I couldn't function on it.

I always, always, always check out my new meds here: www.askapatient.com because these are REAL PEOPLE who have taken the medications and post their experience with them. I have found that many times people have similar experiences with drugs, that probably SHOULD be listed as a side effect in the pharmaceutical insert, but isn't. I also read that page because I want to know if something I experience while on the medication was experienced by anyone else. The package insert does't always tell you everything.

With you being in canada, if you go to that site to look up your medications, and you can't find them, try googling it first to see if there is another name for it that you can look up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote