View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 07:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am so sorry to hear what has happenned to you Phyxius. My husband left me as well about 3 months after the bumps that changed my life. I since realised that I was the strong one in the relationship and simply didn't have the energy to cope with "sorting" him out and copying with myself. - you certainly find out who your friends are. There are also the people that say to you I don't know how you cope - well what else are you meant to do? Also the classic from the second psychologist that I saw was that many people would be more than happy with your test results! Der........ I'm not happy with any average, high average etc testing - average never existed for me, nothing below 90% existed, I could repeat conversations word for word, I was top out of 300 entering college.

I don't know how you are meant to forget your old self, maybe first acknowledge what you had and get over it - I have had counselling but it didn't really do a lot for me. I spent a lot of time trying to work out how it was going to work. Maybe if you were told it you think like this then this will help you over come ..... whatever.

I get annoyed with people who don't put any effort into what they are doing and saying - lazy thinkers and tend to avoid those that I can. I believe the higher the IQ pre accident the harder time you have coping afterwards - I did read that somewhere.

Sorry I have waffled on - I am good at that nowadays!

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote