View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Peg,
I do not know anything about Adies pupil, though it does sound to me as though it is a symptom, not a cause.

What I do know about PD and the eyes however, is that the eyes ARE or can be affected - and in odd ways. I have poor downward gaze, which is often associated with p-plus disorders, which I do not think that I have. I also have an evil and intermittent double vision, which responds to sinemet (!!) and is present in both eyes - even if one is covered. The ophthalmologist says this is impossible, and tries to find non-existent astigmatism in my eyes (I've worn glasses for 55 years, I guess that someone would have noticed astigmatism before if it was there...). Over the years I have read a number of posts from people with eye issues that confuse neuros and the eye docs, and leave the PwEyeIssues pretty fed up!

You did impress with the terminology!!

Adie's looks to me like it is the outward expression of brain malfunction or damage, from your definition. The way things are named are one of the obscuring things in medicine, PD is a prime example - I really like Conductor's quote from her post earlier on today, I am sure we have a mixed bag of damage, currently called PD, but which one day will be treated for the specific, and not the general.....

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote