View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 04:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile THANKS for your comments Nicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknerd View Post
PMC,

I relate to these things! I know that it's not funny, but I had to laugh about the 'non-stop chatter about condition' and the 'micro-managing' to the point of driving others insane. Sometimes, I want to say, 'ah...will ya shut up!' to myself when I hear myself talking about Myasthenia Gravis.

I get really sick of hearing myself saying those words, especially 'cause no one knows what I'm talking about half the time. I'll bring up things I've learned about acetylcholine, or molecular mimickry, or 'other antibodies at work' to friends/family, and the realization interjects that this is probably really boring for them (usually when the eyes start to glaze over).

I take comfort in picturing the day when MG isn't on my mind 24/7- then I'll know that it's not affecting my life as much as it is now, at least on that day.

Nicky

P.S. I'm glad, after reading your posts lately, that you are doing much better!
I know what I am doing now goes against all I read about neuros but I feel their lack of involvement in discussion of what is my body has forced me down this route.
I feel infinitely better today and do feel in control of my condition.
Am I in remission I do not know ,all I know is at this moment I feel good and apart from my neck which I am working on as atension headache i have no other problem areas today.
5mg of pres mestinon only if I feel I need it.
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (01-03-2010)