View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Yeah, my daughter named him that night my neighbor saw this tiny creature scamper across her yard.

That afternoon, I discovered my Sammy had gotten out when I left for work and he was killed in the road by a car. I found him, and I was BESIDE MYSELF with the wailing and the sobbing, so much so that my daughter and son-in-law drove to come and spend the night with me, and son-in-law got Sammy and buried him for me.

Anyway, nice summer night, and daughter was trying to comfort me when the neighbor yelled in my window, come see this kitty!

It was Chewie and my daughter finally caught him by enticing him with canned cat food. We were at first stunned at the size of his feet and then figured out he had a bazillion toes. He was so darned cute. And at that point she dubbed him Chewbaca.

I sobbed, I can't take this cat. And my daughter told me, OH YES YOU CAN MOM! She said "You have to mom! An angel sent this kitty because you need him right now and he needs you."

And so I succumbed. Poor little guy, god knows what happened to him. The vet said he wasn't very old, maybe 6 weeks. Covered with fleas, dirty. And his tail was broken in 3 different places and he walked with a limp (still does). I can't remember what the vet said about that.

Anyway, got the little guy all cleaned up, and every night he slept curled up behind my head on my pillow, nuzzling and digging.

And that's the story of the poly Chewie.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote