View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Good thought, Juanitad. What I've read in books mainly says that about 1/3 of the NMJ is destroyed but I don't know how they can say that given they don't look at everyone's NMJ.

There was a clinic I went to where a neuro said "They often can't see the neuromuscular junction in adults but can in children." This was a BS line/lie given to me to shut me up but it shows you how much "disinformation" there is out there. They can see the NMJ when they do a muscle biopsy but the problem is that they don't do it a lot with MG patients. So it's hard to tell what really happens there to ALL patients.

Some of us may not have as much destruction as others. And not all immunosuppressants do the same thing to the immune system. That's why some people do well on Cellcept but others don't. I'm certainly no expert on any of this but neither are the neuros yet.

Tyson (are you reading this?!!) is taking Accutane and it may interfere with the action of Pred or supercharge its reaction. The two are NOT supposed to be taken together. And there are a lot of other things that can interfere with the taking of drugs or can alter their effect, like a slower or higher metabolism rate.

It's such a crap shoot, whether or not this or that will help you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PMCPMC (01-04-2010)