Thread: chiropractic
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default chiropractor

About 40 years ago, I ruputered a lower disc on my back. I guess I was lucky, as I was refered to a chiropractor. He kept me on my feet, and comfortable until he died a few years ago. Granted, I couldn't lift, or carry, the things that I could before the injury, and from time to time, I would have to return for treatment when I " knocked" my back out again, but, as always, he would put it back in place, have me do some back strengthening exercises, and I would be able to get on with life again.
I will be the first to admit that some chiropractors are not nearly as good as others. Today, there are those who use the little viabrator on your back as you sit leaned over, and when the treatment is over, it is always the same, "see you in three weeks". I personally do not believe in that "every three week" business. I know when I need help. And then, there are those whose treatment is so rough that you wind up worse than when you started.
As I said, I guess I was lucky to start off with a man who really believed in what he was doing, and who saw to it that he had all the training available to make the right decisions for his patients. I hope, if you choose to see a chiropractor, that you are as lucky as I.
Gyrene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote