Thread: 7 month mark
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Encouraging news . . .

Hi Kate,

Thanks for sharing that information on the concussion clinic. If I lived in Buffalo, I would see what that clinic has to offer. It certainly can't hurt to explore it further. Unfortunately, there are no clinics like that near me.

Now that I've just passed the one year mark, I've noticed some improvement again. I've had 10 days in a row of almost feeling normal and am very encouraged by that. The headaches have subsided, my energy is coming back, and the numbness has all but disappeared. I've also resumed my daily walking and have not experienced the exercise intolerance that usually comes after too much exercise. I think it really helped that I was off work for two weeks and had plenty of rest and relaxation over the holidays.

However, I'm afraid to get too excited just yet as I have had occasional periods of improvement in the past only to have the symptoms return again with a vengeance. Still, I'm more hopeful than ever that I might see a complete recovery.

And, thank you so much for sharing the information your doctor passed on to you. It really helped me to read that recovery can be instantaneous and that rest and reduced stress is what is needed to heal.

God Bless!

Don
pcshealer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-04-2010)