Thread: semi comatose
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hang in there

My husband had surgery 2 years ago and The doctors said he had a stroke
The Doctors were wrong. He did come back and it was long and hard I did everything I could think of to stimulate his brain I even had people come and talk to him in Spanish (he is Mexican I don't speak Spanish) Do anything you can think of and as often as you can. It may not work but at least you tried.
What your going through is so scary my heart goes out to you along with a hug
God Bless and hang in there
Your friend
Deci

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttut15 View Post
my hubby had a aneurysm ruptured 7months ago. He had been in a deep coma state for 4 months, and the neurosurgeon said he would never wake up. With god's mercy he opened his eyes about 3 months ago, but doctor said he is still in the semi comatose state. There is no eye movement, and his eyes are not reactive to light. He can't talk, and is only responsive to pain or movement (eg: turning him, changing him, doing passive bedside therapy and making him sit up will make him open his eyes). I am eagar to know what other things can I do to stimulate his brain so that the good but sleeping ones can replace the functions of the damaged ones? Doctor said his brain has strunken alot during these months and to make the damaged brain cells replaced by good ones are the only chance for him to get better...
Deci is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote