View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I m not sure I m using corectly the thread, so I do apologise in advance if I m going to post it wrong or if I m not answering all the questions, but next time I should do better.I want to thank you all for your time and I m willing to hear as many stories as possible, it does help me understanding and deciding..

My mg was not diagnosed for almost 10 years, but 2 months ago a doctor in Uk where I leave at the moment managed to establish the diagnosis (I think one of the problem in identifying it was the lack of visible ocular problems in my case). I had treatment with IVG while in hospital. At the moment I m on mestinon, prednisolone and azathioprine....

Due to medication I assume, the condition has improved, I can speak and swallow properly now.

In terms of enlargement, I dont think I have any visible lump, no

The scans can't show exactly the nature of the tissue as it is so small (the surgeon said something about 4 grams regarding my thmus size, which to me seemed extremly small to be extirpated..) They dont want to do a biopsy because the sample they choose might not represent the true situation (eg they cut out a bit that doesnt have cancer whilist the rest of my thymus is cancerous)

so...
newmg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote