View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 03:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Happy New Year????

I recently celebrated my first year of post-concussive syndrome. Things are going relatively well. I know what triggers headaches and try my best to avoid those things. I refuse to stop doing the things that I love to do. Anyway, on New Years day, my 74 year old dad was walking up the stairs in his basement and the stair gave way and he fell backwards onto the cement. He has a skull fracture, frontal lobe contusions and a subdural hematoma. He was real combative, which I realize is from the head injury. It is just hard to watch when it is a parent. They had to restrain him for about 1-1/2 days. Last night when he wasn't restrained, he managed to pull out his feeding tube! Since I don't remember my head injury and what happened right after, I don't know if this kind of stuff is normal? Since it took me a year and mine was not nearly as bad as his, I am wondering how long his recovery will be! I just have all these questions and fears for both him and my 73 year old mom. Their house is not "friendly" in the sense that the bedroom and only bathroom are located up stairs and the laundry is in the basement. My dad does not want to move out the house, but we need to have both of them in a safe place. The part after the hospital will be the hardest.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-05-2010)