View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I 100% agree with Joanmarie that you should never ever feel guilty about sharing on this site. It's for all of us. What you are going through is just as important as what any other person here is going through.

MG does suck--you got that right!

The feelings you described about your arms, you are right that it is so very difficult to describe, but the word, 'wasting,' seems right-on. It's almost like a very subtle vibrating, falling-asleep, shaking feeling. A feeling like your arms start to slowly increase in weight, and are so very heavy, but at the same time, so very weak.

I especially find it hard lifting them above my head, like so many others here. I wonder how many MGers it takes to change a light-bulb? lol...My mom is short, so I always have to change them, but she is always right by my side for when my arms turn to lead (my balance gets sorta bad when this happens). So it at least takes one MGer and one non-MGer.

Nicky

P.S. I hope that the IViG works well. I also feel manic sometimes- it feels like it correlates with the fluctuations in my illness. It's almost like compensation for time-lost, or who knows, maybe it's chemical. But I feel like when my speech is up and running, and the weakness has subsided some in the other areas, I gotta get stuff done, and plus, I just feel so happy- nothing like getting your strength back, albeit for a little while at least!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote