View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Allen, It doesn't matter if someone with MG is doing great (which is motivating to hear about) or really bad (which means we can give support) or somewhere in between. We all need to vent and get support. I think it's the only thing that keeps someone with a disease sane!

That feeling in your arms is a warning sign. Ditto on what Nicky said. It almost feels like the muscles are "burning" when they get that weak. When I'm bad, I can't even pet my dog repetitively without having that sensation.

I'm glad your doc is trying IVIG. They want to make sure when you have your first go round of it that you don't have some kind of adverse or allergic reaction or meningitis or fluid/blood pressure issues, etc. That's why they "make" you stay in the hospital. Does opening up windows help with the trapped feeling? I dunno, can you open windows in a hospital?!

Make sure they test your thyroid if they haven't lately. Often something else can trigger your MG.

I hope I can bring up a couple things without getting you even more mad! If you have both anger and feelings of being manic, could you have a bipolar disorder? Just a thought. Not that anger isn't completely NORMAL when you have an invisible disease that no one gets and takes away your life.

My psychologist has been very good for me at handling some issues like control, injustice, anger, etc. I know that guys don't often want to see a psychologist or psychiatrist but it really helps. I often feel like I don't have control over squat and it is almost too much to take. Can't clean, can't exercise, can't afford jack, can't date, can't go out in the heat or cold, can't can't can't. That lack of control can make someone bust a seam open. So I get your anger, and I mean REALLY get it. PTSD can cause a kind of anger that you do NOT want to experience. A sudden, almost uncontrollable anger that is scary.

But my psychologist helps me a lot. I don't want this disease or former doctors or anything else causing me to feel even worse than I do. So that's why I go. And it helps. Sorry if that offends you in any way.

I really hope the IVIG works. If it makes you feel better and doesn't cause too many side effects, then that's good.

Sorry about how people treat you. I think it's really hard to understand a disease though unless you have one. Empathy only goes so far.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (01-04-2010), PMCPMC (01-04-2010), tinglytoes (01-05-2010)