View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Maryann, congrats on #4!! I'm glad you are feeling better and noticing a difference.

RW, congrats on #34! Whoohoo!

My Tysabri has been delayed for yet another stubborn UTI. It's been 5 weeks already since the last infusion... I have to wait another week after changing antibiotics. The nurse suggested that I might have to switch to getting my infusion every other month because of these UTI's. She said that they have several people who started getting infections on the drug after awhile and they switched to every other month and all was fine.

I'm a little apprehensive about this. On the one hand, will it make me less apt to get PML? Or have no effect on the PML risk? On the other hand, if I'm only getting it every other month will it still work on keeping the MS at bay? Ugh...Everything with this drug is still trial and error according to the docs.

Regardless, I can say that I am sick of the UTI's. I've gotten 4 in the last 4 months. Prior to that, I had not had one in more than a year at least--actually I got one after infusion #2.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (01-06-2010), Riverwild (01-05-2010)