Thread: newbie hello!!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Dear Rondeej! This is most unnerving for you!

And, I don't mean that as a 'pun'.
The advice Glenntaj gave you will be useful and helpful for starters.
I too have CIDP, and it's an alarming thing to 'have' until you are diagnosed and can be treated. You are ever so lucky to GET that diagnosis in many ways as some have suffered and gotten worse for years before any doc could zero in to the real 'problem'.
Be assertive and agressive in getting treatments! Don't take no for answers and learn thru the sites Glenn has provided some alternatives that are prescribed.
I have to be brutally honest? There are many 'drugs' out there that help. Many of them come with side-effects as a price. Both long and short term. Just be aware of those effects, please. On one typical med often prescribed, I did get pseudo-hallicunations. Once off that med? No further problem. Other meds? Weight loss or gain. At times this can be a good thing? But for some a NOT so good thing.
I have to be brutally honest tho? For me? Pain meds can take the 'edge' off but not eliminate the pain. This past year I really hurt myself and was on morpheine. The pain was still there, tho muted a bit? But due to the other side effects? I simply didn't care! The best actions are to get treated ASAP and get some therapy to help re-learn how to walk and balance properly. AND go check out Mrs D's advice about Vitamin B-12 AND CALCIUM +other goodies that mite help nerves heal.
Don't be afraid to ask questions! We've all been there and understand. SOOO..'s I believe you not only need them? But deserve them! For asking - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-05-2010)