View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I am always hot hot hot! The heat and the sweating that come with it are the physical manifestations of PD that I hate the most. Once I start sweating, I can't stop - it pours from my head, drenches my hair, and can take hours keeping still in a cool area to dry out and cool down. One neuro I talked to said we lose the ability to sweat from our hands and feet; through head and trunk only; this is true for me!
Indigogo, this sounds exactly like me. Even in winter, I often arrive at work drenched in sweat, my hair looking wet. On the bus I often need to remove several layers of clothes. After I arrive at work, it takes me hours to cool down. The extreme sweating occurs when I do any kind of exercise, like walking. But it often happens at home, when I'm resting. And then an hour later I feel extremely cold and need a hot drink to warm up inside.

I think I get cold when I cool down from the hot spell because I've turned the heat down. OR, maybe my thermostat is screwed up.

I'd never heart that about our ability to sweat from hands and feet. Does that cause one to feel overheated, too? Because when I have the sweating episodes, I feel like I'm burning up inside, so hot I can't stand it. I don't think it's a hot flash. I've been on Arimidex for five years, so my estrogen is gone.

How does the inability to sweat properly cause one to feel hot, hot, hot??

Thanks.
~Zucchini

There are only three colors, 10 digits, and seven notes; it's what we do with them that's important.
~John Rohn
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote