View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Carolyn

you said: I did scare Peggy yesterday when I got up to take something out of the oven and fell two feet from my chair, hitting a table a breaking my favorite angel statue. I can only imagine what that must have sounded like on the other end of the phone...ho hum.

It sounded like about 3.5 on the Richter Scale! lol

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to falling. I fall when I am OFF from stupidity, and when I am ON from dyskinesia. When one is OFF, you should never try to carry anything - ANYTHING - not even a pilll bottle. The challenge must be to focus on walking - step-by-step. I even talk out loud to myslef "Come on - step-step-step . . ."

And if you freeze (like doorways) andn if you can, swinging an arm gets you going again. Those same "swinging arms" will also throw you off balance when ON with dyskinesia.

And be especially cautious when walking on smooth surfaces - Why? Because we tend to NOT be as cautious and end up going down. I had to have tendon surgery on my left hand (Carolyn was here in TN and can verify that) because I try to catch myself with that one hand for some reason.

Butt fortunately, I usually land on my butt . . . (that first butt is not a typo, but a play on words lol)

I've got to get in bed!

Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stitcher (01-05-2010), Twinkletoes (01-06-2010)