Thread: Muhammed Ali.
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Don't bury him yet....

I feel somewhat ambivilent about the prediction of his "soon to be" demise. I know he struggles under a great weight with his PD and for that I want to let him go. On the other hand he is an inspiration and the selfish part of me says I want him to be here with us. How do you reconcile these kinds of feelings? Maybe you don't. Maybe it's not my place to have any feelings one way or the other, just accept what comes and know it was to be as it turned out. There is still a quick wit and a sharp mind under that facade he wears these days. He may be around a lot longer than the naysayers give him credit to (for?). I'm sure he's ready to leave this place behind and has come to terms with his mortality long ago. I know I sure have days when I'm ready to take the next train to Clarksville. In the immortal words of Mick Jagger "you don't always get what you want...but you get what you need".
Hmmm, wonder where Mick gets his insights? just rambling .... for my money I'll bet he's here longer rather than shorter...on the other hand.... (did I mention I feel ambivilent)
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote