View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I understand 100%. Taking care of Jim is easy compared to taking care of mom and her demenita from the seizures. I have to constantly repeat myself and remind her of most things. She just moved in with us and it's coming along. Some days good, some bad. Our issue is the temper tantrums. If we say something that hits her wrong she says she will stay in her room all day.

I spoke with my cousin who's mom has alzheimers and she told me to not beg her to come out and let her cool off instead. Mom can be manipulating at times and we cannot fall for it. She doesn't mean to be, it's just that everything has intensified since her brain surgery. So, like you we know it could get worse. The neuro thinks she will be fine as long as we monitor her meds and make her do things like cleaning, cooking, reading, etc. She'll say she can't but he said ask her to try.

He also said we can even leave her alone for some time to get out to ourselves. He has high hopes which gave us high hopes for her recovery from this. We truly think not so good docs were responsible for most of this.

So, to you and know your not alone. Will sis still be taking your mom 6 months out of the year? I am hoping if mom does well we can take her to TN to stay with her friends and my sis in the summer. The main concern is if she worsens that wont happen because I know from working in NH's that change can actually worsen dementia.

There is no privacy here and the next house we get will be with an in-law section. lol
Debbie D (01-18-2010), tamiloo (01-08-2010)