Thread: Falling over
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 12:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach73 View Post
Im sorry if this has been covered before, but I was just wondering if any of you have had this?

This morning I got out of bed, stood up and then immediately fell back onto the bed. I didn't feel weak or dizzy just a bit surprised. I got myself up again but noticed I was walking a bit like I was drunk.

I then went around the end of the bed and accidently stood on one of the dogs paws. Luckily just as I put my foot down I managed to pull it back so I literally just brushed the dog. However the action of doing this made me fall over again (luckily onto the bed).

I then proceeded to the bathroom, clinging onto the railing for support. When I rose from the toilet I fell back again.

I am feeling a bit swimmy headed, but not dizzy.

Has anyone else experienced this? Luckily hubby is home today so if I fall he will be around to catch me! LOL If I dont injure him by landing on him!

Love
Rach
Rach, I've done this as a result of MG AND as a result of my low BP (average 90/60). Have you been drinking enough -- eating some salting foods? Have you checked your blood pressure? (Everybody needs to have a blood pressure thingy -- not sure of the "scientific name" -- at home.) Low blood pressure is especially bad early in the morning -- when you haven't had anything to eat or drink all night long -- and then you raise your head too quickly. I've had to learn to move slowly to allow my body to adjust.

MG, of course, makes us very unstable, too. I have wobbled ALL over the place and have had to hold on to stuff. I look VERY drunk, sometimes -- hehehehe -- Joanmarie, I don't drink, either. I even carry a card in my purse AND in my car SAYING that although I look and sound drunk I am NOT. *sigh*
rach73 (01-05-2010)