View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I do this, too, and it really works! I usually give myself a 24-hour "cooling off" period after finding something I feel I just cannot live without. It was hard enough to start doing even that.....but I just had to tell myself that they were not going to stop making whatever it was I wanted so badly in the next 24 hours!

I want a new couch and loveseat. But I have a set......albeit 12 years old.....but I have a set and that's more than some have. I need to be grateful for what I have. There is nothing wrong with it. It's just old and I've never really liked it. DH picked it out and I never in a million years thought I'd still have it 12 years later! But a new set isn't a necessity. The payment on what I'd like to have is about $66 a month. Since I felt I could afford that (I can't) I'm going to try putting $66 aside each month and see how uncomfortable it is. Worst thing that can happen is I'll save some money! But I did good and didn't make a purchase that I can't pay for.

You're right....it feels better not to spend money.
Good idea!

My mom's friend offered a free couch last year and I took it, thinking my ds could eventually use it.

Well, ds bought a house and the sellers left him some decent stuff - living room and a pretty nice dining room set too, plus other things.

My old couch is going to the curb, the free couch is not my style, but really comfy. A slip cover for that and our old lazy boy will suit me just fine though. The size is better than my old one too.

Maybe try a slip cover until you decide on the new set?
Kitty (01-05-2010), SallyC (01-05-2010)