View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Allen, if IVIG works, I've heard it is like "magic". If it doesn't work (and mine didn't) -- I suffered all night long (I have migraines, too) waiting til morning to contact my neuro to see what I should do. He told me to go STRAIGHT to the ER -- for a CT scan -- and to get Demerol and Phenergan via IV. The ER physician knew NOTHING about MG (I was 1 1/2 hours away from my neuro) tried to give me Morphine, too -- AGAINST the orders of my neuro. Fortunately, the first tiny push of morphine made me NAUSEOUS -- a smart nurse STOPPED it immediately. I later learned that it could have killed me -- I am Bulbar -- prone to severe respiratory problems.

Long story SHORT -- if you are gonna have problems with IVIG -- you WANT to have them IN THE hospital WITH your NEURO nearby!!!!!!!!

I don't think that they will MAKE you stay IN the bed -- they will just want you IN the hospital where they can keep an eye on you. When I was getting IVIG in the infusion center, I was able to walk around and roll the IV pole with me -- to go the bathroom, etc. Five days is a LONG time to get IVIG -- they will probably only give you a drip for a couple of hours per day. SMART doc!!! The slower the better -- the less likely the chance of a headache.
PMCPMC (01-05-2010)