Thread: Falling over
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've always had a lot of confidence in my sense of balance, but lately, not so much. I feel 'tipsy' too often, even though I don't drink either. I find myself holding onto things around me more often, especially if there's a wire, or anything on the floor that I have to walk over, and especially with my left leg.

I think I know why you're falling up the stairs, Joan. Do you have a weak ankle? I find that my ankle is sorta weak, mainly my left one. It's kinda scary. Sorry you were in the hopsital, and I'm very glad that you didn't break your leg!

Rach- EDIT: Re-read your post and realized you said that you weren't dizzy...I've had the falling back into bed thing...It was when my chest or neck or something up there was really weak. I attempted to get up, and could not at all! I had to roll out of bed onto my side to get out. That was when I first started prednisone, and I was really weak then...When you say 'swimmy' do you mean foggy? It could be your BP, like what Jana said...Maybe you're having some weakness in the chest/neck area...This can throw off your balance too...

Last edited by Nicknerd; 01-05-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rach73 (01-05-2010)