View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Moonface and other prednisone side-effects

Hi Nicky,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but I have been really sick. Today is the first day since last Thur. I have felt like doing much.

Yes I am on Zoloft. I take 50 mg daily. It is funny you mentioned that because I too have wondered if there is a connection but haven't been able to find anything on the internet to confirm it. I will check out the link. Thanks!!!

I am so anxiou for the day I can start weaning off the pred. I have been catching up and noticed Alan said he is now off of it and his side effects are getting better. YEAH!!! It is such a strange drug because it has made me feel so much better but then on the other hand I have all these side effects and am seriously concerned right now with my immune system being suppressed and picking up everything I'm exposed to. I went to see my Int. Med Dr yesterday and she started me on an antibiotic. She didn't want to send me for a chest x-ray because I am scheduled for my follow up chest scan on Thur for the Interstitial Lung Disease and she said if it was bronchitis it would show up in the scan.

Nicky your concerns are totally justified!!! It is extremely scary to deal with this disease plus all the risks of the meds to treat it. I have days when I feel like I am falling apaprt. It seems like one problem has led to another. I am still wondering if there is a connection between the MG and the lung disease. My blood is disease is Thrombocytosis. It is too many platelets. I take meds for that too and it is very well controlled right now. I have some kind of family history of blood disorders. My mom had a blood disease of the red cells, Polycycthemia which turned into Milofibrosis. She died from a blood clot after having her spleen removed. I'm sure that is why the cramps in my sides were freaking me out and making me think my spleen was enlarging. My moms dad had a disease of the white blood cells. You are right...I didn't have a thymoma. Thanks again Nicky for all the info. How are you feeling? Yes 2010 will hopefully be a good year. If nothing else knowing we can come here to vent helps so much.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote