View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey RW, yes I am taking the cranny capsules too! My urologist said they work better than the sugar free juice anyhow.

I think another option may be to take a half dose of Tysabri once a month. I have never had a second relapse so I guess I fear that if I take less Tysabri that may become a reality. I'm trying not to worry too much. Maybe my body wants a small break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
Natalie, I feel for you! After having my very first UTI, I know I don't want anymore!

I'm taking cranberry caps now along with all the other various medicaments. Hopefully they will help to stave off another one for me. I'm doing 6 a day because I hate cranberry juice, so I'm eating cranny instead.

The only thing I can tell you about the timing is what the studies show and they show that for your immune system to get back to normal and for all the Tysabri to be out of your system takes 2-3 months, so you should have some protection if you are doing infusions every 2 months, but if there is any breakthrough disease activity, every four weeks is still the recommended dose.

Hope the UTI goes away and that you get back to your "normal" soon!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (01-05-2010)