Old 01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
sorry Mel i missed this until now.

yes those buttons are the best design - plastic junk LOL.

I don't like to leave things running all night so I shut down and let the BIOS start it up automatically every morning. I rarely have to use my on/off button at all, you can set auto start up in the BIOS section.

I don't know if you have ever gone into that part before.
It's accessed while the machine is in booting up stage - usually you have to hit delete or one of the F keys to get to it.

Might be best to read about it on the HP site or Google it - before trying it.

something like "HP BIOS settings" or
"setting automatic boot up on HP computer"
http://www.google.com/search?q=setti...ient=firefox-a
Some people do leave there's on full time, but I would disable, unplug or lock down the internet connection if you do leave it on full time.

Your anti virus program might have a setting to do this if it is a internet suite program.

Or if you have the connection icon on the task bar at the bottom - you should be able to right click and disconnect from the internet that way at night.
then reconnect same way in the morning when you want to use the computer /internet.

Jo, I have NO IDEA how to do this BIOS thing or autostart thing that you are referencing.
Isn't there a SLEEP mode in which I can press a button, and when I want it to COME ALIVE AGAIN, all I have to do is tap the keyboard. I used to have a computer (years ago), where I could do this.

Can't I do this on my HP Pavillion?

Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote