View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

after my neuro told me he feels Im going to be 100% relieved of my symptoms, I looked up IVIG again and read a little about it.
Seems if its given in the first year or year and a half when disease shows, works faster for patients.
Im very uptight anticipating having to go into a hospital voluntarily to let them pump my body with others people stuff, knowing full well I can have a ton of different reactions, suffer weakness, headaches, fevers, chills, and do it all for 5 days and get nothing out of it.

ofcourse, alot of my fears and problems with hospitals are related to my past experiences.
Humiliation and loss of dignity are things Ill never tolerate again.
shoulda seen a look on the young nurse when I took my hand and slammed the door closed after she told me to walk to the procedure room down the hall, past patients, family members, staff, (colonscopy) in a gown made for womans small, and IM a 2x sized man. My junk was hanging out from the bottom. She thought I was being picky, so I showed her when I stood up, and her response was noone is going to be looking. so I slammed the door closed as she decided to walk out of the room on my statement of loss of dignity,and I held that door and told her fine, you take off your shirt and bra and walk thru the hallway with me, this way most people will stare at your nakeness and not notice mine at all!
She came back into that room in 30 seconds with an appropiate garment for me to wander out in public. This is a problem I have with nurses and technicians who work with so many people they regard them as meat, or wallpaper.
If anyone reads about an irate patient that accidently threw a nurse or hospital staff through a wall, well, youll all know who it is.
Im going in with a good attitude, I will not let past experiences influence this one.
Again, Im sorry if things I say offends anyone, its not my intentions, I just really dont like any of this hospital and transfusion stuff. First time in my life, Im scared of something, not easy to admit.
allen L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tinglytoes (01-16-2010)