View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknerd View Post
It's the same in Canada. Hypothyroid TSH is >5.00 as well. Mine has been 4 and over in the past, but has never reached 5, so I've never been considered 'hypo.' even with these numbers (and all the symptoms). The situation's kinda bad.
You may have to shop for a Dr that is prepared to use the latest USA ranges. It is a controversial subject as many Drs believe the people caught on the cusp of a diagnosis - do not need any treatment at all. But many Drs are starting to dispute this. Its also worth considering your MG as hypothyroid ( and hyper) can be bad for MG. So you really have to have optimal health care if you have MG.

Quote:
Sooooooooooo, "theoretically", a person with MG -- who tested POSITIVE to the AChR tests or MuSK tests -- and WOULD be diagnosed WITH MG in the US -- might NOT be given a diagnosis in UK -- because the cut-offs might be higher in order to save money?
Or perhaps not even given the blood tests if symptoms are mild ?? I would hope this is not the case but nothing would surprise me - even if Dr is doing it at a sub conscious level.
xanadu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (01-05-2010)