View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Because of my balance problems my mother has offered an alert system to me. I just received their packet. You put a kind of lock on the door with a combination (Al Gore's lock box), so if you can't unlock the door when you need them, they can get in. My mother's friend had to use it and it was a lifesaver. My mother fell recently and was comforted knowing she had the alert thing on her person. She got up by herself despite breaking her collar bone and injuring her knee.

The name of this company is Emergency Caller Systems in Coconut Creek, Florida. 954-968-1990. I'm in the Boston area, so I it's not just for Florida. It's one expense at the start, and none thereafter. It's really an emergency help dialer for 911, and it's also a call box; they can speak to you through the unit on your person. It's a waterproof pendant which can also be worn on the wrist. They also call four other numbers for you if you like, in addition to 911.

Since the cost is all up front, I saw no reason to delay getting it.

There are only three colors, 10 digits, and seven notes; it's what we do with them that's important.
~John Rohn
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote