View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Migraines, siezures, strokes

I have been dealing with migraines since as long as I can remember, it wasn't until I was older that I was diagnosed as a severe migraine suffer. The sound of my own heart beating, can be sheer torture. From Talking with other migraine suffers, I have learn a few things.
1. some migraine suffers may have heart disease, I had open heart surgery at 30.
2. there are more left handed people than right handed, that suffer with migraines.
3. Migraines are hereditary, both of my children get them, my daughter more than my son.
4 Women get them more than men, especially around the time of their cycle.
5. Migraines can turn into seizures, I was diagnosed 3 years ago to be suffering migraine seizures, my left side is affected much more than my right. I never lose consciousness.
6. I have had 2 what were described as a migraine strokes, one I was hospitalized over night, the second which was a year later. I was hospitalized for three days. There was talk of sending me to a rehabilitation center. I regained all my functions, except for one numb spot right in the middle of my top lip.
&. Thee days before Christmas this year, I ended up in the hospital because of a migraine seizure, plus two panic attacks. The ER doctor told me I was not having a seizure, my husband said I was. But I was also having a panic attack. The doctor gave me zanax and sent me home. It didn't matter that I didn't know where I was, how I got there, who my husband was, what day or month it was. I saw my primary care doctor and explained what had happened, I will be seeing my numerologist in a couple of weeks and will fill him in on what had happened.
Mirgaines are not just headaches as so many people believe they are.
Blueizums is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote