Thread: Im itchy!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Im itchy!

I have been ready to yank my ears off! the skin crack where your ears connect to your head is dry, cracked open, and weeping. My butt crack (sorry to be graphic) has a skin crack! I have red patches on my face as well as a few other spots. i ITCH! I want to rip my ears off! Had several appointments with local MD who is at a loss. Said he has no idea why standard treatments dont work.

Went to dermatologist. he said its the copaxone! Said Copaxone can exacerbate skin conditions like psoriasis, and such, and that its really made a wreck of my skin. After reviewing the records, he sees I failed off of the other meds, and if I lose copaxone, then I will have to go Ty or nothing. He thinks we can save my skin and keep me on copaxone.

I have been given some prescription creams. cant remember the names. will have to look it up when I pick them up from pharmacy in a few minutes. I also had a mole removed while there, but thats another story. I was happy he just lopped it off, and didnt ask me to go back.

Anyone else have skin issues on copaxone? I literally just want to rip my ears off. They itch, and its painful. sheesh!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-06-2010), Debbie D (01-06-2010), DizzyLizzy (01-06-2010), Jappy (01-07-2010), Lady (01-06-2010), SallyC (01-06-2010)