View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Oh yes I'm sure you can- you can find those settings in the Windows Control Panel under Power Options.

[ To enable "hibernate," simply go to your Control

Panel, click on "power options," and set your PC to "hibernate" after a specified time (most recommend 30 minutes).

If you are away from your PC a lot during the work day, you may want to set it to "hibernate" after 45 minutes to an hour, and set it to "standby" to 15 minutes. Under "standby," you'll be conserving power but you won't be saving your computer memory onto your hard disk, as you will with "hibernate." "Standby" is meant for shorter absences. ] page 4
http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusine...urnoffcomputer

Jo:

I went to Control Panel, there is no option called Power Options. I have Windows XP by the way. Alan goes to sleep at around 6 a.m. and I get up and I'm ready to check my email at about 10 a.m. so I gather I would use the standby mode, right. So when I figure out how to do Standby, what happens?

I go over to the computer, and press any button, and the computer WAKES UP, is this what happens?

Thanks much
Melody

P.S. UPDATE UPDATE.

STUPID ME, I FINALLY FOUND POWER OPTIONS. It gives me a choice of hibernate and standby. Which do I choose? Thanks

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 01-06-2010 at 11:56 AM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote