View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Victoria...I don't live in Canada, so I'm not sure how much help I can give you, but here the brand name is Ultracet when it's 37.5 mg. tramadol mixed with acetominophen. I took that for a while, then switched to the 50 mg. generic tramadol, (I think the brand name here is Ultram) without the tylenol added. I do remember seeing the five-day warning early on, when I started the Ultracet, and asked the pharmacist about it. He was puzzled because it's commonly used for arthritis patients on a long-term basis here.

I don't find the regular tramadol to be as effective as the Ultracet, and I developed a tolerance to it pretty quickly, but I was taking two 37.5 mg vs. 1 50 mg generic. Dr. Centeno says it has a different action than the other narcs, like Vicodin and Oxycodone, so tolerance to one wouldn't mean tolerance to another. I find if I take a break from one or the other for a while it's more effective when I start it again.

Hope you find some answers! What dosage were you on? I see Dr. C. next week and wanted to talk to him about the dosage, so I can get something therapeutic...one of the 50 mg. doesn't do much for me at all.

Take care,
Donna
Donna7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote