View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default There are definitely symptoms

I was diagnosed with my 6mm aneurysm two days before Christmas in 2008. I was undergoing a routine MRI for aneurysms since my family is prone to them. I have PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) which can cause strokes and aneurysms.

I can honestly tell you that without a doubt you may experience some symptoms or none at all. Everyone's symptoms vary.

The symptoms of my unruptured aneurysm are fatigue (especially in the mid-late afternoon), headaches behind my right eye, occasional nausea, occasional loss of balance (especially when I'm tired), shaking (after sports which might not be a great thing but they told me it was okay to proceed as normal).

I have elected to not have surgery right now because the risks are the same. I find that the winter is worse than the spring and summer. I tend to go the entire summer with barely any symptoms other than occasional fatigue. Sunlight must help!

Ultimately you know when your body is not feeling well and when you're "off." I think you should get a 3rd opinion however or at the very least, choose a surgeon that will respect you.
Leckster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaHuguet (01-29-2012)