View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle bug7 View Post
Do you hear yourself saying that you are an experienced Xanax user? No one is, although they think so. In time, when you seem to have built a tolorance for the amount you are using now and you have a day that the pain just won't let up, what will you do? Oh yes you are an experienced Xanax user, what was I thinking. When you said "You guys don't understand"
Guess what? WE DO. There is a lot that goes unsaid in this forum but there is a bond tying us together. Whenever we need each other, someone comes to the rescue. I feel like I want to rescue you but, oh yes, you are an experienced Zanax user. Bless, Doodle bug7
Again, thank you for your concern but I don't need rescuing. I come here for support and to share/learn of new ideas and methods of dealing with TN.

Taking Xanax before bed happens to be one of my current strategies.

None of us should have to sit around and be in pain because we're too afraid to try alternative medications. No one knows what we're going through, including each other (to the degree that our episodes happen). Our medical professionals (GP, neuros, etc) have no idea what we're going through -- they've just studied it in books and patients.

I'll just come out and say it. I'll take ANY narcotic that makes me feel better. I didn't choose TN, and I didn't choose this life that I lead now but you know what I can choose -- HOW TO FEEL BETTER. I'm not going to sit around and be in pain when I know I can take something and A) lose the pain, B) forget the pain exists. For those 2-4 hours I feel FREE. and for those 7-9 hours I sleep I FEEL GREAT.

I struggle with this pain during the daytime and if I have something at home that's going to help me sleep and make me feel like the TN doesn't exist.... I'm going to take it. Addiction won't occur as this is a finite supply of a previous prescription. I will, obviously, need to talk to my GP/neuro about this.

Have you even ever taken xanax? I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers but I came here to SHARE A PAIN STRATEGY and because it's a medication you may've never taken before I get jumped on.

Ultimately this is my opinion of life-changing disorders: If there's something out there that makes you feel better, takes away your pain, makes you feel normal and forget -- do it. Don't let anyone stop you. Your life is in your hands and quality of life means so much to me because I've got at least another 50 years to life. I won't let anyone interfere with what I believe to be a better quality of life when I suffer with TN.
Random is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote