View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Junie. I had a NCV several years ago. I won't lie, it hurt like hell but it had to be done. They started at my toes and went up my back/spine area. When she got to upper back I about bit the blood out of my hand.

I have much pain all the time, but the good part of this is when they are over with they are OVER!!

I don't think they can give you anything because they are trying to see where the pain is and where it hurts worse or if at all etc.

Now I'm no stranger with pain, can take most anythng up to a point, but this got a bit past "a point". I have many other injections in the spine, nerve blocks, and other precedures, but I may groan, but hurts too bad to scream!

If you have ever had a mamagram done, you know they put your breast on a shelf like thing, then they screw those 2 plates together to the point of wanting to scream, but the nurse always says"don't move"!! Like I could?? thats what I tell the nurse, no need to tell me not to breath. couldn't if I wanted to

So, the test hurts, but some worse than others, but when they "hit the right spot" they sure as heck knew it

Go on and take the test, have someone standing at the door with your strongest meds, as soon as its over take meds with water before you dress.

When they tell me I"will be uncomfortable " I know whats coming

You'll make it dear, I'm still here to tell about it. Let us know how it goes and if they were able to find what they needed to do about your condition.

good luck, Jo
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote